Asia Cup 2022 will begin from 27 August to 11 September, with 13 matches in the United Arab Emirates. The 15th Edition of the Asia Cup will have a T20I format, including 6 teams divided into 2 groups.
Five teams have been qualified for Asia Cup matches, while the 6th team will be selected in the qualifying round on 20 August in Oman.
India & Pakistan will face each other in Asia Cup on 28 August, which will be the 2nd match of the tournament. There have been tense relations between these two countries regarding cricket competition since the partition of British India.
Read More: Asia Cup 2022 Schedule Date, Time, Venue
As far as the previous record of T20 competition among these two teams is concerned, they have played 9 games. Out of these 9 matches, India leads the graph by winning 7 games against Pakistan.
India Squad for Asia Cup 2022 (Predicted XI)
India has been the most successful team in Asia Cup since the Inaugural tournament, also the recent champions of Asia Cup 2018. Selectors have not yet finalized the Indian squad for Asia Cup 2022. Still, the Indian Cricket team is determined to win the upcoming tournament and is planning the best strategies against their opponent teams.
Have a look at India’s predicted squad for Asia Cup 2022:
- Rohit Sharma- A Newly appointed Captain will play the role of a skipper and opener. This incredible batsman had also made a record of scoring 264 Individual scores against Sri Lanka. Sharma has played great innings against West Indies in the recent series.
- Virat Kohli- will be playing as a batsman for India in the ACC Asia Cup competition 2022. He has done a lot for Indian Cricket throughout his career. Kohli always proves himself a threat to the opposite players.
- Suryakumar Yadav- will also be playing as a batsman, according to reports. Yadav made a century in the T20 series against England. He has shown good batting skills in a recent match against West Indies.
- Rishab Pant- Most probably, Rishab will be chosen as wicket-keeper for the 2022 tournament. He is one of the best wicket-keepers among all the players in the Indian Cricket team. As KL Rahul is injured and unable to perform in the tournament, Rishab has a chance to be selected.
- Ishan Kishan- might be another good option who can be a part of the Indian Cricket Team as a wicket-keeper for India. He is known as a hard-hitting batsman. He has played well in recent series.
- Dinesh Karthik- can be chosen as a wicket-keeper for T20 matches. He will be an effective wicket-keeper for India.
- Hardik Pandya- might be the prime choice to choose all-rounders among all the team members. He hailed the man of the series award in ODI opposite to England. Choosing him will give benefit the Indian Cricket team.
- Ravindra Jadeja- another all-rounder and lower-order batsman for India Asia Cup Squad.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar- is an excellent pacer in India Cricket Team. He has done a fantastic job this year. He became a player in series T20 against England. Kumar has also proven himself a great cricketer in a recent match against West Indies.
- Mohammad Shami- picking him as a pacer for the T20 tournament would be a great advantage for the team. Shami plays consistently in all three formats.
- Harshal Patel- is an incredible player who has been in great form this year. He can be a good option for the team.
- Yuzvendra Chahal- has been a great spinner throughout his career and will probably join the Indian squad for the competition.
- Ravi Bishnoi- is almost confirmed to be a part of the squad as a spinner. He has amazed everyone with his wicket-taking abilities.
Pakistan squad for T20 Asia Cup:
Babar Azam (c), Shadab Khan (vc), Asif Ali, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Rizwan (WK), Mohammad Wasim Jnr, Naseem Shah, Shahnawaz Dahani, Usman Qadir, Fakhar Zaman, Haider Ali, Haris Rauf, Iftikhar Ahmed
India squad for T20 Asia Cup:
Rohit Sharma (C), KL Rahul (VC), Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant (WK), Deepak Hooda, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ravi Bishnoi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Arshdeep Singh, Avesh Khan, Dinesh Karthik, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin,